We’re currently recruiting volunteers for our helpline in Kerry. If you’re interested in applying, see the details below or email email@example.com for more information.
We're currently recruiting volunteers for our helpline in Killarney. Information sessions will take place on Saturday 14th January, with training to commence on Saturday 28th January. The training will run over two weekends 28th and 29th January and 11th & 19th February.
To apply you can download an application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions or would like more information, just email us.
When you apply to volunteer on the LGBT Helpline, your application form is assessed by the helpline coordinator in the local helpline nearest to you. You’ll then be contacted by one of our coordinators to arrange a short interview before invited to join our training programme.
The LGBT Helpline only takes volunteers who identify as LGBT.
New Volunteer Opportunity: LGBT Ireland Communications Intern
To enhance the capacity of LGBT Ireland to build the profile of the organisation and its services, we are inviting applications for a Communications intern. This is a one-year volunteer internship, based on 20 hours per week. Working hours are flexible and can be worked around study commitments.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference. Working directly with, and supported by, LGBT Ireland’s CEO, the successful candidate will gain considerable experience in developing and disseminating print and online content and engaging directly with the media.
Job Description - key areas of responsibility:
- To assist in the implementation of communications strategy
- To assist in the co-ordination of campaigns and other communications activities
- To develop and manage LGBT Ireland’s website, facebook, twitter and Newsletter/Bulletins
- To assist in the day to day media and communications work
- To assist in the support of other interns and volunteers
- To undertake administrative duties
- Any other responsibilities as required in the interests of LGBT Ireland
Closing date for applications is Monday 11th September at 5pm
36 kb | doc